November 10, 2006

Donald's known unknowns

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know.

"We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know."


"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"We know where they [weapons of mass destruction] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."

"Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."

"Well, um, you know, something's neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so, I suppose, as Shakespeare said."

"Secretary Powell and I agree on every single issue that has ever been before this administration except for those instances where Colin's still learning."

"You're thinking of Europe as Germany and France. I don't. I think that's old Europe."

"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said. "