June 17, 2006

2500 and counting . . .

2500 and counting . . .

Part one of the Requiem 4 Elvis and Jesus (Jay Thomas) is available for download on the aTHeNa BLue my space

http://www.myspace.com/athenablue

This is a live performance I did last night . . other versions are archived @the mixdown

Last November I was asked to do a concert @ the 5spot 4 WRVU. This happened to coincide with the death toll of american servicemen in iraq reaching 2000. A milestone that affected me deeply.

Briefly . . .
The names you hear the computer speaking are of the 2000+ young men and women who have come home in coffins. Whilst editing them I noticed the names of Elvis and Jesus amidst the roll of honour . . .

so download and listen . . it's music to make you think

Unfortunately this is only part one

not quite 8 months later and we're up another 500 and counting . .